Nina,
It's hard to believe this is your last day. You have been a sparkling example of passion, dedication, and professionalism. You've also been a wonderful colleague and friend to many of us. I've learned a lot of important things from you: about attitude and values and people. I never did learn enough about Analytics and I apologise for not studying more. Actually, let me apologise in bulk for the following:
- having the temperature in my office set at 18 degrees
- getting all fired up immediately after An Inconvenient Truth and not remaining so
- not buying a hybrid car
- saying "what do you want?" when you swanned into my office
- not stopping for a chat about kittens and ponies when I passed your desk
- being present when you made the infamous backend comment
- mispronouncing Capri
- not being a hippy
I know you learned some things from me too: (1) to put on your jacket when you came into my office and (2) to forget about IM, phone, and calendar, and instead just storm right in whenever something was on your mind.
MSF don't yet know how lucky they've been to find you. But they'll find out soon enough. I cannot think of a single person I know who is more suited to this. You're an inspiration and I'm going to miss you.
Stephen
P.S. On the plus side, we'll find it easier to pick an offsite event in your absence. Your protest votes against karting and paint-balling were well noted. I'm sorry we never got around to pony-riding and chocolate-tasting, but perhaps you can join us for our next offsite dinner.
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment